Wednesday, October 1, 2008

My baby is NINE!!!

Kathryn dancing on the table while her class sang "Happy Birthday"

Kathryn turned 9 this Sunday! Impossible to believe that my 9 pound, 2 ounce baby girl is growing up so quickly. She celebrated with my parents (they left Hurricane Ike's mess and flew in from Houston last Wednesday) and many of her friends here in California. She had cupcakes at school on Friday- seriously, the cupcakes from Costco are the biggest I have ever seen!


Kathryn with 2 of her friends


Happy Birthday To You!


Camryn enjoying birthday cake

We then had a swim party Friday evening at our neighborhood pool. The weather was perfect and everything turned out great. It was the easiest party I have ever done!

Logan and Camryn climbing trees in San Diego

Saturday morning we drove to San Diego (an hour away) with my parents and checked into the Marriott Marina. We spent most of Saturday climbing trees, flying a kite and hanging out around Seaport Village before taking a quick swim and then dinner at Kathryn's favorite San Diego restaurant, Filippi's Pizza Grotto.
Logan in Seaport Village


Pool time with Mommy and Pawpaw


Let's Go Fly A Kite!


Filippi's Pizza Grotto


You have to walk through an Italian grocery store to get to it and it is authentic, yummy food! We had breakfast Sunday morning at the hotel before heading to the San Diego Zoo. I love the zoo- especially the koala bears- and we had a great time. It was so nice to have Nana and Pawpaw with us for a week and we are missing them already. Hope they return soon...

Nana and Pawpaw with Logan and Camryn

4 comments:

THE Stephanie said...

How beautiful! Never been to CA, but those pics sure make me want to plan a trip!! :)

My baby turns 9 in December... where does the time go??

mypoolisbetterthanmysister's said...

I am so sorry we weren't there for Kathryn's birthday. Believe me, we wanted to be! In fact- I'd rather be anywhere but here... it's hot, mosquitos are awful, and I hate my job! :o)
Yes- I've been extremely busy lately, and haven't blogged in a week or maybe more. Homecoming was last night, so maybe things will calm down for me. I had a lot of planning and organizing (didn't know I was responsible for homecoming? Neither did I!), and had extra cheer practice for the pep rally and game. We actually got the dance - oops- "cheer mix" approved, and they did really well.
Glad you guys had fun with mom and dad. Still keeping my fingers crossed about Thanksgiving- but I understand this is not the vacation spot of choice!
love you guys!

MamaMia said...

Happy birthday Kathryn!!

How wonderful that your parents were there to help celebrate.

I'm so glad you got to be in a picture. ;)

Man, does that restaurant sound yummy!

JAAB said...

Happy Birthday!!!!! I am about to faint thinking that she is nine! Gosh...where has the time gone?!?