Sunday, October 5, 2008

It's The Great Pumpkin!





Kathryn took a fabulous Jr. Master Gardening class last spring and we have continued to "tend" her garden plot. We went yesterday to cut her "fairytale" variety pumpkin and pick a few tomatoes for dinner and took some pictures. Isn't this pumpkin cool? It looks a lot like some decorative pumpkins that I bought several years ago and decorate my credenza with each fall. Logan had fun chasing lizards and Camryn slept through our entire garden visit.


Fall is my absolute favorite season. I love the chill in the air, football games, soups and stews in the crock pot, pumpkin and apple cinnamon candles in the house, and brightly colored mums everywhere. I know that the fall leads to such wonderful holidays and time with family and friends. Hope you are all having a happy autumn as well!



3 comments:

Dancing Queen said...

THAT IS AWESOME!! How cool is that to have the garden plot! I usually don't think California & pumpkins/tomatoes, but so neat!! She has quite a gift with that green thumb!

I love all those things about fall too! Gearing up for the holidays & all the yummy, yummy food!!

Miss you...

been meaning to ask how your family fared with the hurricane...or did i ask already??

mypoolisbetterthanmysister's said...

so cool- i saw the pictures that you emailed dad, too.
hope kathryn enjoyed her day off. i think she and abbey have been on the phone for close to an hour, now! i'm fixing to need to use the phone. their conversations are too funny! anyway- give the kids a hug from their favorite aunt!

MamaMia said...

I know...fall...it just sets the tone, doesn't it?

I'd love the recipes of those favorite soups and stews of yours (if they are easy). I'm always looking to try something new.

On another note, I got a kick out of your "weirdo liberals" comment on my blog. I just feel for you being out there away from normal people like us conservatives here in Texas. I would not survive California. So just know that I will pray that you guys can come home soon.

Love ya!