Wednesday, September 17, 2008

When Logan Grows Up

Logan in the ladder truck









Logan- evidently an expert- telling Camryn about the equipment


Logan, like most little boys his age, has a fascination with fire trucks. Several weeks ago our Church had "hero day" to celebrate the men and women of our community services. They brought all of the equipment and trucks- ladder trucks, special task force tanks, an ambulance, police segways, red cross supply trucks, etc. Logan wanted to stay by the fire trucks the entire time and we had a hard time getting him out of the back of the ladder truck.
Maybe he will be a fireman?


Logan with his "hero"- a real fireman


Logan explained to the fireman that his sister needed a hat too!

I look at my beautiful little boy these days and realize that he is growing up too fast. He turned
3 last May and is still such a sweet little guy- very much a daddy's boy (unless Daddy is at work, and then he is a Momma's boy). He is rarely any trouble and it is a joy to watch him learn. He is so curious about how things work and loves to take things apart and put them back together. Maybe he will be an engineer? He also loves anything that moves- bike riding, scooters, etc. He has also taken a recent interest in exotic looking cars and motorcycles. Hopefully he won't want to be a race car driver! Logan says that he wants to play football, but I look at him right now and he looks so tiny that I cannot imagine him at the bottom of a pile-up. He loves watching baseball, so maybe he will be a baseball player? Whatever Logan will be in the future, I hope that he will be a kind and helpful husband, wonderful father, and a healthy and happy
man of integrity- like his Daddy and his Pawpaw.


I am just starting to slowly catch up on my pictures from the summer and begin "blogging" regularly again. I joined facebook a couple of weeks ago, and that was fascinating for about a week. I was able to get in touch and see pictures of people I went to high school with. I also remembered why I had not spoken to some of them since graduation in 1992, so the facebook excitement has already worn off and I doubt if I check it again...

4 comments:

mypoolisbetterthanmysister's said...

cute! i love cam's outfit, and the fireman looked pretty cute from the pictures!
I miss seeing those little guys (and the big one, too- although I get to talk to her a couple of times a week!) I am so jealous that mom and dad are going over there. This week really would have been the perfect time for us to go-had we known a few days earlier and it weren't so expensive! :o)

Susanne said...

I can identify with the Facebook thing! It's been great to reconnect with some people, but I've already had a horrible experience with one girl I hadn't talked to since high school. I'm thinking if I'm going to keep doing Facebook that I should take my blog link off my Facebook page. The girl I mentioned went to my blog and made mean comment after mean comment, then proceeded to send me even meaner emails (all because of politics...how childish). She scared me, so I hope she doesn't figure out where I live or anything. Facebook can also be a huge time waster with all of those "plant gifts," etc. Oh well!

I was glad to hear that your parents' and Stacy's houses didn't flood or have any damage during Ike...ours didn't either. I hope your parents have power again by now. It's going to be a slow recovery here, but it should be getting better soon.

Cute pictures of your kiddos, by the way! They grow up SO fast.

Dancing Queen said...

yeah...i'm not so keen on hooking up w/too many people from high school! i like my "grown up" friends WAY more!!

how great to have your family coming in! i can still remember coming to katherine's birthday parties here...does she get to take cupcakes to school or do they have crazy rules there too?? things have changed so much, even since OUR days of teaching! not very fun anymore...

happy birthday katherine!

MamaMia said...

Logan's interests sound quite a bit like my husband's...Carroll is an engineer in the automotive research industry. His mom tells stories of him taking everything apart to see how they worked. When I met him, he owned a "crotch rocket" and raced motorcycles. He's given up the racing, but we still have (and probably always will) a motorcycle. :)

These little guys are so special, aren't they? Logan is too cute on that fire truck.