Thursday, October 30, 2008

Corona del Mar



We miss San Antonio dearly, but we have learned to love a few things here in Orange County. One of our favorite and most relaxing things is to go to the beach. I love, love, love the ocean. The kids are now old enough to play in the sand and get their toes in without me being such a helicopter mom. It was beginning to seem like we would never get out of the stage of Camryn trying to eat the sand, but she is now perfectly content to run around in the sand with her pail and shovel. Kathryn enjoys studying the tidal pools and collecting shells, and Logan is like an architect building his sand castles.



This past Saturday we were in Newport Beach running errands and decided to stop by Sprinkles cupcakes http://www.sprinklescupcakes.com.

Ronnie's favorite is the red velvet and my favorite is a toss-up between the red velvet and coconut. They also have seasonal flavors with the current ones being pumpkin (spiced pumpkin cake with cinnamon cream cheese frosting) and caramel apple (spiced apple cake studded with granny smith apples and frosted with a caramel cream cheese frosting). They didn't have the pumpkin on Saturday and the caramel apple was completely sold out (I may have to make another trip over this weekend just to try it), but I was perfectly happy with my coconut cupcake. We then drove a minute to the beach (Corona del Mar is our chosen place to one day own a second home- in our dreams) and parked on Ocean Blvd. This little spot of paradise has become such a special place to our family and I hope that our children will always remember the fun times that we had on the beach.
We only need about $2.1 million to buy this second home...

We did not have our suits (and it was a little chilly), but we did have a wall-e blanket in the car and our camera, so we plopped down in the grass overlooking the walk down to the beach. The sun was beginning to set, the boats were drifting back into the harbor, I had my three precious children and handsome husband with me- and sprinkles cupcakes. Could life get any better? In this uncertain time of presidential elections, the country in an economic crisis, and the current fight in California over gay marriage, I find myself sick with worry about the direction our country is heading and trying to raise three children in a Christian environment. But, in quiet moments like these in Corona del Mar, I am able to look out at the magnificent ocean, say a quick prayer, and be filled with a wonderful peace. God is good.

9 comments:

mypoolisbetterthanmysister's said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dancing Queen said...

great, great pictures! i think i've heard of sprinkles on the food network! i'm ALLLLL about the food! too yummy!

happy trick or treating!

Susanne said...

Beautiful!llyp

Susanne said...

Oops...my keyboard did something weird on my comment...it was supposed to read, "Beautiful!"

MamaMia said...

Amen to the concerns of where our country is headed. Please God have your hand in this election is my prayer for today.

So glad there is a peaceful place that you can feel God's presence, even in California.

Beautiful pictures.

Man, how about those Sprinkles cupcakes!!

Dancing Queen said...

ok, haley took most of the dress up pictures from halloween...if you go to her website
laurahaleyphotography.com
clients is in the right side corner, enter Holland
then you should be able to see all the UNEDITED pictures from that night...haven't gotten to choose which ones i want her to edit yet...although i think my haircolor looks HORRIBLE & can't believe no one has told me!! can't even get an appt. till end of november!! oh well...maybe she can edit that:)
let me know if it worked for you!!!
where are pictures of your crew???

MamaMia said...

So glad to hear from you!! Fill me in on the move back to SA. How are the kids adjusting? Where are you living now and how is Katherine adjusting to school? Hope to catch you soon at one of the Holland bday parties or other functions.

MamaMia said...

Forgive me! I misspelled Kathryn's name...we know too many of them and certain spellings become habit...sorry!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE Sprinkles!!! It's SO yummy!! My husband goes to LA once a month for his work, when I go with him I HAVE to go to Sprinkles as soon as I get there!!!