Wednesday, February 18, 2009

I'm BACK!!!

Okay- I apologize to my dear friends in blogworld. I have neglected you during our recent move from California back to San Antonio. I have also been on facebook way too often. So... life seems to be getting a little less hectic and I thought that I would try to catch everyone up on our last couple of months.


The move from CA to San Antonio went relatively smoothly- other than last minute changes from the mortgage company, title company not preparing docs as they were supposed to, realtors who don't care about people, houses that have surprise problems when you move in... UGH! The house is fine. It is not my dream home and I already have a 3-5 year plan to sell and build. That is if the economy doesn't completely tank. We had the entire house repainted, new flooring, painted and glazed the kitchen cabinets, made some repairs, and landscapers will start next week. We also had furniture to buy- we downsized when we were in California- and finally found fabulous bedroom furniture that Ronnie and I both like. There is still much to do, but I am quickly losing enthusiasm on this remodeling project and I am deciding to "live with" some things that I had planned on changing.

Happy Birthday Camryn Elizabeth!

Camryn turned 2 on November 28th. My sweet little angel baby. I felt awful that we did not do a big party, but we were in San Antonio house hunting and then at my parent's house in Houston for Thanksgiving. Her birthday was the day after we were all stuffed with turkey and pumpkin pie- not really putting me in the mood for a sheet cake. Oh well. She was happy as could be with just having our immediate family at my mom's house with a cake and party favors all grabbed at HEB in about 15 minutes. I promise her a REAL party next year!

Logan having fun at his preschool in California on his last day

Kathryn practicing her cheerleading moves in the living room of the new house before furniture


Christmas was okay. Kathryn had a stomach virus and felt lousy- and we of course had just moved in about 3 days earlier- STRESS! So, we left the boxes in San Antonio and drove to my parent's house in Houston. The mood was a bit somber with my dad's mom (my wonderful Grandma) very ill. She passed away January 5th without me able to visit her again and I still miss her every day. I called her at least once a week just to hear her laugh and tell me stories about working in the garment factory, or the struggles of raising three boys, or what a stinker my dad was when he was a little boy and how much Logan looks like my dad. My poor dad is still having to take care of her estate and the drama that inevitably follows...


Kathryn adjusted to her new school pretty well beginning in January. Her former school was "capped", but she should be able to attend next year. She will start volleyball practice in a couple of weeks and will do swim team again beginning in May. Moving back to San Antonio has been an easy transition- back to the same neighborhood, doctors, after school activities, preschool for Logan, and friends. I hope that we never move from San Antonio. This is our home.



Camryn ready for the rodeo to end and the concert to begin

February- rodeo month! We went to Taylor Swift last week and had a great time. The kids all enjoyed the rodeo portion, but it is about an hour too long. By the time Taylor came on stage my kids were soooo sleepy. We were not able to stay for the whole concert but I bought her new CD for Kathryn and she seemed to be happy with that.


Hopefully this month will bring a little more rest and relaxation. I have friends in town that I haven't even seen since moving back and it is time to be a little more social. We have dinner with our friends Chris and Shellye this weekend- our first friends when we moved to San Antonio years ago. In fact, the house that we just bought is next door to Chris and Shellye's old house. I wish that they still lived there because the new neighbor is NOT nice. How did we move into a neighborhood where we know everybody and manage to move in next to the grouchy New Yorker who doesn't like kids? My best friend from college- Angela- and her husband and two kids moved to San Antonio last June and it has been so much fun to have dinner with them and have her close enough to call. She came over one day to watch the glaze go on the kitchen cabinets - fun! Logan also LOVES to play with their son- William- and asks on a daily basis for William to come over. Ronnie and I also have a date night planned for the 28th, he will be in D.C. for a couple of days, landscaping, living room furniture delivery, etc. It will be a busy two weeks left in February and then it will be March- spring break and countdown to summer. Whew!

I hope that everyone is doing well and hope to see you soon!!!





3 comments:

Dancing Queen said...

it is so hard to believe i've never even met camryn & logan...we've got to change that soon!!! it sounds like you've gotten so much done...it takes us forever just to decide what to do...i need to get some pointers from you on that!

how's your "old" house?? who's in IT now??

MamaMia said...

WELCOME BACK!! Yea for SA!

Maybe I'll catch you soon at one of the Holland events.

Susanne said...

I was so sad to hear about your Grandma passing away. She will be missed by all of us! What a special lady.
Glad you guys are back in Texas now! I know your parents are thrilled!
I haven't touched my blog in ages, but I hope to do more blogging after we move to Bahrain in June...we should be there 2-3 years (for Chad's work). Wish us luck!