Friday, September 5, 2008

I'm Still Here!

I haven't updated in a month. Sorry! Kathryn returned to school yesterday and Logan & Camryn will attend Mom's Morning Out at Church beginning this Monday. I just have not had any time to sit and update and have a ton of pictures I need to upload onto my computer. We did move to a different house in Irvine and it has actually been great. It is definitely smaller, but so much less stress than dealing with the other house and landlord. I will never rent again, but I am still so thankful that we did not buy anything when we moved here last year. Home values have dropped 38% in this area from 1 year ago. We would have lost a boat-load of money and would have a horrible time trying to sell when/if we are transferred back around February (that is what Ronnie's people are telling us- I'll believe it when the moving van pulls up). Anyway, things are going great and we have spent a lot of time at the pool and riding bikes lately. Logan has so much fun on his bike and Camryn rides in a carrier on my bike and loves it. We rode a mile or so to a park last night and they did really well. Everybody walks or rides around here and the weather is great to allow it. Last night on the way home I was actually a little cold- I know, sorry to my friends in San Antonio and Houston who are burning up right now...

I promise to update next week and add pictures. Hope everyone is doing well!

3 comments:

mypoolisbetterthanmysister's said...

YAY! You finally posted! Glad it is cool enough to ride bikes there. I went to the bathroom this afternoon right after dismissal, and had a hard time getting my jeans down and back up because of the heat and humidity :o)
School is going fine. It's a lot less stressful than public school- but a less fun, too! Melody counted it up and they "allow" the kids to talk for a total of 40 minutes each day. That's ridiculous!
Hope Kathryn has a wonderful year and has a teacher that loves and appreciates her personality and encourages her to continue to be a SUCCESSFUL learner!

MamaMia said...

I will be checking back next week for those pictures and update.

I so wish we had good areas to take the family bike riding. That would be so much fun.

As for your "cold," just know I'm putting my hand up in front of your face because I don't want to hear about it. :) I have to say though, in spite of our super hot days, these last few mornings have been pleasantly cool.

Hope everyone finds their groove with school starting.

Dancing Queen said...

so glad you're still alive! i liked my scenario as to why you hadn't posted in a while better though;)

is kathryn at a different school? i bet you already have this "new" house looking FAB-u-LOUS!! I've always loved her style & taste!

enjoy your alone time w/everyone gone!! it goes quickly...