Thursday, March 12, 2009

It is raining...


Dress-up on a rainy day


I love the rain! It started last night and will continue over the next several days. San Antonio really needs it, but I cannot believe that it is raining during spring break and in the middle of my front yard being landscaped. I now have a big, muddy mess with partial flagstone and limestone retaining walls. Surely there will be a letter in the mail from our homeowner's association any day now, but the landscapers will not return until Monday. Oh well.

Watercolors (yes, I took the slipcovers off of my chairs!)



Everyone we know is on a fabulous spring break vacation- cruises to Jamaica, skiing in Breckenridge, sightseeing in New York, but we are home to supervise the landscapers who are not here. I had plans to take the kids to the zoo one day, children's museum, etc. We DID go to Fiesta Texas, but then it started raining and I had an accident. Yep, I cut the fingertip off of my left index finger. Completely. The kids were helping me make homemade pizza (which we make with veggies and chicken) and I sliced right through my finger while multi-tasking. So, we spent many, many hours in the ER for them to sew my fingertip back on. We will see if it reattaches, but I will have several visits to the hand surgeon. Fun.

Walker Ranch Park

We did have a great time at the park last Sunday. Lots of great trees to climb and trails to walk. We are now stuck inside doing and eating whatever I can do with one hand. Kids have done watercolors, dress-up, rehearsed and performed a play, and watched Beverly Hills Chihuahua twice. We plan to go to my parent's house tonight and stay through the weekend to celebrate Austin's 10th birthday and my Dad's 21st birthday (hee hee). I am also hoping to have a lot of help with the kids so that I can relax and continue my pity-party. I'll keep you updated on the finger (or lack of). Hope you all have a wonderful spring break!


Logan with a mouth covered in chee-tohs- I am having trouble cooking with one hand and the kids are loving the junk food!



Kathryn with make-up and earrings, Logan had been wearing Ronnie's tie and cowboy boots

1 comment:

MamaMia said...

Jennifer! You cut your fingertip off??!! I'm so sorry! You seem so calm writing about it. Did you get help with getting to the ER? Oh my goodness! I will pray that your reattached finger "takes."

I'm glad I'm not on vacation. I have so enjoyed being at home reading to the kids, eating breakfast, lunch and dinner two hours late, etc. So much fun to be tucked in at home while it's cold and rainy outside. Sorry that's interfered with your landscaping. I know that's frustrating.

Next week can only be better for you, right? :)