Friday, May 23, 2008

Party of Five

My friends Monica and Suzanne are really into this "blogging" thing and are very good at it. In fact, I am a little intimidated by their posts. I have had good intentions of starting my own blog for several months, but never have the time or patience to figure it all out. SO- here I am .

I am so inspired by my three precious children and the funny things that they do each day.

I married my high school sweetheart after college and we had our beautiful daughter
Kathryn Bailey about two years later in 1999. She was our only child for many years
and was quite spoiled. We wanted other children, but there were
many complications and heartaches.






God blessed us with a handsome little boy, Logan Thomas, in 2005 (today is his third birthday!)

and our life changed quite a bit. Kathryn was no longer the only child needing attention, but thankfully, she adores her brother and was very happy to share the spotlight. We thought that our 4-chair kitchen table was complete and we were very happy to not think about conception and pregnancy anymore and just enjoy the children we had. When Logan was about 9 months old, I had this strange feeling that I might be pregnant again. The thought of pregnancy in the back of my mind was enough to buy a test at HEB, and sure enough we were pregnant again- with no help from doctors!












Camryn Elizabeth was born in 2006 to the amazement of her adoring sister and brother.
Our 4-chair kitchen table is definitely full and complete (and probably going to be on craigslist soon as we shop for a bigger one). She is such a miracle and so full of life. SOOOOOO- I chose
the name "Party of Five" as the title to my blog. I thought that we would be a family of 3
for so long that I am still in amazement every time we go to a restaurant and tell them
that we are a party of five. Such a simple thing to the hostess that just about brings me
to my knees as I silently thank God for my children.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

look like they were having fun on the beach :)

MamaMia said...

Jennifer, I am so glad you have joined the blogging world. I have been checking because I didn't want to miss catching up with your sweet family.

Love your banner picture! Do not be fooled by my blog...I paid somebody a lot of money to design it and other than that, it's a very easy learning process...so have fun with it!

I will be back to read each post in more detail as soon as I can get Cannon down for a nap.

Can I add you to my "blogging buddies"? :)

Susanne said...

Hi Jennifer! This is Susanne, your cousin in Houston! Your Dad told me that you'd started blogging, so I thought I'd stop by and say hello. My main blog is now pretty much a book review blog, but I have a password-protected blog with photos on it that I can send you an invitation to. It's great to be able to catch up with you this way! I hope that you guys are having fun in California. I've never been out there, but it looks pretty. I love the pictures of your sweet babies!