Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Update

Camryn has fallen in love with the computer. Kathryn and Logan are both pretty proficient in using the laptop to do educational games, webkinz, etc, but Cam is only 18 months! She has watched Logan so much that she actually knows what to do. In this picture my dad must have been teaching her to trade on the stock market...



She is also wanting to potty-train and refuses to wear diapers. However, she is insisting on wearing these red boots a lot. She has such a funny personality.


Yesterday was pretty hot (a high of 86) and the kids had ice cream after dinner. Camryn ate hers while sitting in the cozy coupe completely nude. Thank goodness we have a tall fence in the backyard!

Logan (unfortunately) found a pair of scissors over the weekend and decided to cut off a huge chunk of hair. He denied it (of course, the long strand was on the laundry room floor and it was quite obvious that he was the one missing a section of hair) and then asked if he could get a balloon if he cuts his hair like they do at the salon. Great. Ronnie had to take him for a haircut (I couldn't bear to watch) and they had to get it pretty short all over. I do not like it and I am praying that it will grow out quickly...


Kathryn's last day of school is tomorrow and we are hosting an end of year party for the girls in her class. I decided to rent a palm tree bouncehouse and we are having a luau theme with leis, fresh fruit, tie dye t-shirt making, fluffy flip flop making, and a swim at the pool. Hopefully I can enjoy a mai tai or two after they all leave! I always have these great ideas, but when it is time for all of the actual work to begin, I always wonder why I volunteer to do these kind of things. They are a lot of work, time consuming, and expensive. I hope that Kathryn will one day look back and appreciate all of the special things that we try to do for them. My mom and dad always did special things for me and my sister, but it has taken 30+ years and 3 children of my own to realize just how wonderful my parents are. I do appreciate them for everything that they have done and continue to do- and hope that they will visit again soon!






2 comments:

Shanan Strange said...

I too, had a buck naked baby! We would be at hipmomofboyz house for dinner and everytime, Emily would come out of the playroom a-la-natural. Thank goodness she was only 3.. hee hee. Looks like your summer is off to a great start!

MamaMia said...

Ah, the spirited child...love those red boots and doesn't everybody eat their ice cream naked??! Just kidding. ;)

Logan picked a good time to give himself a haircut...that summer cut is in and I'm sure it will grow back by fall.